Click on the images to view
- Pompora Treatment Plant Upgrade Ashanti Goldfield, Ghana
- Full time on site Commercial Management services
- Subcontract Value
- £1,050,000 (Labour only)
- Final Account Value
Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation upgrade of Gold Plant.
Due to late delivery of ‘free issue’ materials the subcontract duration was prolonged by 17 weeks beyond a subcontract period of 20 weeks.
In order to mitigate some of the delay caused by the material problems, MBL were instructed to implement acceleration measures. This was achieved by introducing the following measures:
- 7 day working week (from 6 day)
- increasing working day to 12 hours
- implementation of nightshift operations (including additional expatriate supervision)
The above measures were valued at approx. £375,000. Prolongation for the extra over 17 weeks on site was also valued at approx. £375,000 and additional variations including disruption equated to approx, £150,000.
The overall effect of the above at Final Account agreement was to almost double the subcontract sum from £1,050,000 to almost £2M without any major increase in the base scope.